27 August 2013

REVIEW || REVLON NAIL ART MOON CANDY


Just casually browsing around boots 'again' and i saw this on the revlon stands. The nail swatch that it had underneath this product really drawn me towards it. I like the packaging of it because it was nicely designed and looked nice and sleek. It retails for £7.99 in boots stores which is quite reasonable seeing that you get 2 nail polishes in 1 tube. One side was a deep ink blue colour and the other side was a pretty aqua colour with iridescent flecks of foils inside. I have used nail polishes like this before a couple years ago when Nails inc collaborated with Gossip girl (Reviewed here) and i loved the finish that it gave. 

The blue nail polish was so pigmented and opaque and i was so surprised. It was probably one of the most pigmented nail polish i have used before which deserved a thumbs up. The formulation was very good, neither too gloopy or too runny. It easily gave me a nice even layer which dried alot faster than i expected! Next, i went to apply the amazing coat when the blue was dried. It was actually harder than expected to get the foil to evenly coat the nail rather than just chunks of the foil on one particular part of the nail~ but it's good that it generates a spontaneous look, making it more magical and amazing to look at. 

The only downside to this nail polish is that the flecks of foil particles sometime sticks out and gets caught on things. I have applied a layer of clear nail polish to try and seal it, but it didn't really help that much. It didn't happen with my old Nails inc version i wasn't sure whether it was just this Revlon's version or my way of applying it. Regardless, it is an amazing polish to own and i am looking into purchasing more of these but in different colour. I've had alot of compliments on them already and they just add that extra sparkle to any outfit hehe <3

Whats your favourite nail polish shade?
~ Follow me via BlogLovin'   ~
X x X x X

7 comments

  1. These are very pretty indeed, it was nice to see Revlon following a bit of nail art trends this year.

    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! (: The speckles are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like such an awesome product. I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on one! Although I'm not sure if they have been brought out in Australia yet or not since I havn't seen them around in stores. Either way, thanks for sharing this lovely review :)

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so amazing.
    Care to drop by my blog??
    Amna's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same problem of evening out the flakie top coat. I think it's so beautiful to look at I can ignore the roughness of the flakie. I actually apply a different polish underneath, a black polish. I feel it looks nicer that way.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and i will get back to you as soon as i can :)

© + YingcBeauty +. Design by Fearne.