8 January 2013

Goodbye High-end...Hello Drugstore!

My holy grail pencil eyeliner has always been the Urban decay 24/7 liner in Zero ever since trying it out when i received it with my naked palette which drove me to buy the full sized version of it. Next, i fell in love with the YSL waterproof eyeliner (Review here) which worked in a similar fashion but a little bit more elegant packaging and a bigger price tag. 

What i loved about them was how creamy they were in consistency and it was very pigmented when applying to the eyes, especially along the waterline. It can be smudged easily to create a smokey eye, or left to dry swiftly for a long lasting eyeliner which lasts for the whole day. Both these products i cannot fault for what they do so therefore the last couple of years, i always thought that they were the best invention ever and i wouldn't know what to do without them! However, the beauty of the product does come with a hefty price tag which although i am happily willing to pay, i would like to find something similar but for a smaller price tag. 

Running low on my pencil(s) i headed into boots to find a waterproof eyeliner pencil because it was essential for my watery eyes. I picked up the 'Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof Kohl Kajal eyeliner' because it was probably the only one that promised to be waterproof that i can find and rimmel was a brand that i had faith in. The price was reasonable and i was just excited that i managed to buy a 'make-do' eyeliner for the time being because i needed one so badly, as using a tiny little pencil was so difficult and made me spend more time doing my make-up. 

When i used it, i was amazed and shocked at the same time! The formulation was just as creamy and pigmented as the YSL and UD one. At this point, i realised i have truly found something amazing in the drugstore and i know that it will be my new holy grail product in my make-up collection. If you are a fan of the creamy eyeliners, i urge you to try this one out and i know that i will be heading back to Rimmel stands to purchase more colours soon. 

13 comments

  1. I've heard so much about these rimmel liners recently- i'm glad to hear that you like it just as much as the UD and YSL ones- what a great drugstore find! I'm definitely adding it to my wishlist now, along with the nude colour! Great review :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try this! I am going to make 2013 about good value, and spending less on makeup to save up for a designer bag :D Keep up the drugstore reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo now I gotta try it! :D Thanks for the brief review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try this then because I keep hearing good things about it. Plus, the 24/7s are my favorites xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing~ Have to get my hands on those rimmel ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm do you know if they sell these in the US? I'm always on the lookout for a good eyeliner. Currently Milani Liquid Eye is my favorite...never really been a fan of UD 24/7s though...curious about this one.

    www.novelave.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard alot of raves over the Milani liquid eye eyeliner but i am not too sure whether i can get a whole of them in the UK. Not too sure whether this Rimmel scandaleyes are available in the US~ X x X

      Delete
  7. I always wanted to try out the UD eyeliners but they are pretty pricey and no questions to the YSL thats more pricey but I think the Rimmel prices is more reasonable for an eyeliner :Dxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard so much about these and I really want one now!

    I Follow you now by the way!
    If you have time could you check out/ follow my blog too?
    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. God I love Rimmel's eyeliners! The pigment is just right and they're so smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like the rimmel eyeliner! great quality and great value for money!

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure your purse will be as happy qs you are! haha I need to give these a swatch.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and i will get back to you as soon as i can :)

© + YingcBeauty +. Design by Fearne.